Our Work to date...
The Dapo Agoro Foundation for Peace is a nonprofit organization that seeks to create a forum for the community to address the problem of youth violence in our communities and a support group for families that are victimized as result of youth violence.
The Dapo Agoro Foundation for Peace's programming currently focuses on the following areas:
- To support and disseminate programs that teach the world about youth violence in our communities
- To build a national and international network of organizations that support families that are victimized as result of youth violence
- To Present an annual Peace Award to a student at Lester B. Pearson Catholic High School
- To Keep the memory of Dapo Agoro alive and spread his message of non violence
- To provide a forum and support for youths who are facing youth violence in their community
- To advocate for stricter sentences on violent crimes involving knives
The Dapo Agoro Foundation for Peace is focused on collaborating with other organizations, public and private, in carrying out its mission.
Dapo Agoro Peace Award @ Lester B. Pearson S.S.
- Class of 2010: Gabriela Umanzor
- Class of 2009: Lauren Whalen
- Class of 2008: Nigel Grant
- Class of 2007: Adeline Mutembanema
- Class of 2006: Virgil Vong
- Class of 2005: Jebbeh Haslet
- Class of 2004: Lynn Moreau
- Class of 2003: Zachary Leroux and Chamila Fernando